Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head

…they keep fallin'...

It’s a glorious day, mainly because it’s raining. The steady patter on the roof is going strong. The air is heavy but fresh with the fragrance of rain, like no other. It smells so good when the door is opened.

The ground is so dry, soaking in the wetness like a sponge, that there isn’t any mud. There will be later but for now the moisture evaporates into the soil, creating a smooth, slick surface.

I grabbed my umbrella even though I was fairly sure I wasn’t going to melt if I got wet. I was worried about my hair because it does get really curly and frizzy if it gets damp. I put on my jacket with the hood and pulled it up.

The lights reflected off the glossy road, creating rainbows in the night. Would there be treasure at the end of each one? Yes. The prize is here. The fortune is the rain.
Rain picture by my friend Rachel Austin.
In my book there’s nothing better than a rainy day! That’s if you don’t have to get out. But I did, although only for a short time. Alan had his shoulder surgery. I took him to the hospital, waited patiently for him to be finished, filled his prescriptions and brought him home for the start of the recuperation. Happily, all went well. He’s in a lot of pain but hopefully the healing process won’t be too long.

'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'

A friend of mine was also waiting for her husband so we chatted and I knitted to pass the time. Mindless knitting, a Gossamer scarf out of some sparkly mohair was on the needles.
Gossamer infinity scarf on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gossamer-infinity-scarf

The rain passed and in my opinion didn’t stay long enough at all. Now we’ll just wait til next time.

Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment