Sunday, April 18, 2010

I Got My Toes In The Water…

I got a pedicure yesterday while I was in town. I can wear sandals! It’s just one of those quirky things that make people people, but I can’t wear my sandals or open toe shoes to work until I’ve had a pedicure and gotten my toenails polished. I don’t care if you want to go bare-toed, but I can’t.


There’s nothing quite like a pedicure. It’s relaxing. The hardest thing to take is when the bottom of the foot is being scrubbed. It’s all I can do to be still! The people who do the pedicures seem to know that it tickles. Sometimes I think they do it on purpose! It’s like an internal pedicure salon joke. They are just waiting to see who will squirm! It always makes me giggle to see a big, brawny male come in for a pedicure. I see nothing wrong with it at all. It’s just funny to see their obvious discomfort to be doing what they consider such a ‘girly’ thing. But I guarantee, one time is all it takes. Ask my oldest DS!

Here's a great toe story. When my DD was little we were at my MILs house. One of her friend’s came over. She was dressed to the nines and had high heel sandals and polished red toenails. My DD, about 3, was in awe! She knelt to the floor and started rubbing the lady’s big toe nail! We were all mortified. Finally she stood up, looked at the lady and said I love your pigs! I knew immediately what she was talking about. The others finally caught on. One of DDs favorite games was This Little Piggy Went to Market. The lady had great pigs!


It was an easy day today. I got some things done but it was all at a leisurely pace. Tomorrow I may be wishing I’d gotten more done but for now all is well. I chose a hot pink ribbon yarn for today because…

Life is good today. Life is good today.

3 comments:

  1. pretty toes and pretty knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sweet! I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your feet are beautiful ! have you ever considered becoming a foot model ?

    ReplyDelete