Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Can't Stop This Feeling…

The other day I read a ‘tweet’ talking about a project called ‘Knit-a-Year’. I was intrigued. The recipe is basic; cast on some stitches, knit at least two rows every day using a color that fits your mood or feelings that day. If you want, you can journal or blog as a kind of documentation of your feelings, ultimately creating a personal record of the year.

I told a couple of people about the idea. I guess it’s to artsy-fartsy for the average person, especially if the person doesn’t knit or worse, isn’t creative. Then I thought about it. This idea could apply to anything that was of interest. If you read, choose a book and reflect after the amount you’ve chosen to read each day. Explore poetry and document your interpretation. If you like music listen to a new artist each day or a favorite song or a theme, like a song with Monday in the lyrics. Then reflect if you want. You could choose to try something new every day, a food, a project, an idea. You could take this idea wherever you wanted.

So I’ve decided to start this on April 1. I don’t know that I’ll write every day but I do hope to knit every day. I’ve asked a couple of people who don’t look at me like I’m one knitting needle short of a pair if they want to join me. At least they understand! So for now…

I'll just stay addicted and hope I can endure…
I'm hooked on a feeling…

No comments:

Post a Comment